The world is packed with information; and most organizations struggle to recognize what information they have, why they need it, how long they need it for, and if it has any value. Furthermore, changes in law, such as the recent changes in the UAE employment law, often call for tighter controls on contract documentation, and lead to a need for enhanced management of human resource and contract records.
In addition, electronic information is under threat from cyberattack and personal information is at risk of exposure. As such, the development and implementation of a records management program that includes document control methods to identify, secure and protect critical information, is necessary for every organization.
This course conveys practical methods for identifying and developing the systems of records management and document control that an organization needs. By the end, each participant will have a plan of action as well as the necessary skills to assist with the development and implementation of an appropriate program for managing their organization’s documents, records and information.
This course is highly interactive and utilizes methodology including group discussions, case studies, videos, participant presentations and problem-solving scenarios.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Develop a records management program to enhance the value of the organization’s information and reduce risk and cost
- Develop document control methods to identify, secure, protect and retain critical information
- Apply regulations and standards to the management of information for compliance
- Identify risks associated with poor management of information to reduce penalties and cost
- Develop an information asset register to identify critical information within their organization
This course is designed for individuals who manage, or who are involved with, any aspect of document control and records management.
This includes records and information managers, in-house counsel, privacy officers, information security and protection managers, litigation and discovery staff, compliance officers, internal auditors, IT and enterprise content management professionals, and administrative managers.
It has been specifically designed to support activities across all types and sizes of organizations and sectors working locally and globally.
- Records Management
- Document control
- Information management
- Information asset identification
- Business case development
- The principles of managing information the organization: How your information is managed today
- Definitions: Understanding what the information terms mean
- Document control and records management:
- Similarities and differences
- Your organization
- Identifying its type
- Identifying its staff
- Identifying its information
- Defining information goals for the organization How to achieve information goals
- Document control and records management program development process
- Business case
- Defining the purpose
- What to include
- Objectives of the case
- Document Control specifics
- Records Management specifics
- Records review
- Identification of documents and records Critical information, documents and records
- Electronic and physical formats Storing records
- Characteristics of a document control and records management program
- File plans
- Challenges and problems
- Classification of records
- Retention and disposition Laws, regulations, standards and business requirements Developing a retention schedule
- Privacy and protection
- Business, historical and preservation archives
- People, responsibilities and information awareness
- Psychology of filing
- Communication and collaboration Creating the information management message
- Knowledge transfer
- Developing the education package Sponsorship and guidance from senior management
- Planning and action
- Information management strategy
- Development of a plan to deliver document and records management
- Policy and guidance writing
- Information asset register Document control and records management process plans Change management Risk and recovery: Disaster prevention and continuity planning Education program
- Creating an action plan
- Location and Date
- Ciel Consulting reserves the right to alter dates, content, venue and trainer.
For more inquiry kindly call: 07039147221
Venue: No 21 Oil Field Avenue, Off School Road Elelenwo, Port Harcourt
This ad has no reviews yet. Be the first to leave a review.